Our Commitment to Our Donors
Visit www.StartEarly.org/Disclosure for state-specific solicitation disclosure statements.
Information Collected and Maintained
Start Early collects and maintains personal information that you, our donors, provide to us when you:
- Contact us by phone, mail, or email, in person, or via our website.
- Register for an event.
- Make a contribution, either on our website, at a special event, over the phone, or by mailing in a check.
- Navigate through our website.
From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above, subject to your express approval.
Types of Information
Start Early collects and maintains the following types of information about our donors:
Personal information, including:
- Contact information, such as name, address, email, and telephone number.
- Giving information, including types and amounts of donations and credit card information. We utilize secure transaction methods when collecting credit card information over the internet. Start Early does not disclose credit card account information provided by our donors, except for the proper processing of donations. To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ Personal Information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation.
- Information on events attended and publications received.
- Any other information voluntarily provided by the donor to Start Early.
- Information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including information automatically collected through technical methods such as cookies, flash cookies, web beacons:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website may use local stored objects to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website [and our e-mails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Start Early, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
All information about any financial transaction between you and Start Early is considered confidential and we have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about you. While the information is kept confidential, it may be shared with Start Early’s board members, staff, volunteers, and professionals, such as service providers, on a need-to-know basis and in compliance with all laws, regulations, court orders, or other governmental requests.
Use of Personal Information
Start Early collects and maintains personal information to:
- Establish a relationship and communicate with you about Start Early, including our programs, special events, and funding needs.
- Learn about our donors and what matters to you.
- Process donations and event registrations and issue tax receipts.
- Comply with all laws and regulations, including reporting requirements.
- Plan future fundraising activities and events.
- Analyze giving patterns.
- Solicit feedback from you by conducting surveys.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Start Early. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any linked website that you visit.
Start Early will from time to time communicate with you, including by telephone, text, email, and mail, concerning Start Early’s charitable activities, events, and requests for future support. Start Early will not call or email you or send mailings to you on behalf of other organizations. To opt out of receiving these communications, you may contact us at Info@StartEarly.org or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email communications.
We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information collected from and about You to help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to ensure the proper use of information. More specifically, We secure personally identifiable information provided on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, utilize established firewalls, and employ internal policies aimed at protecting information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. When working with third parties We enter into appropriate non-disclosure or data security agreements, and our website uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Although we have implemented reasonable and appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures, our security measures may not prevent all losses. In the event of security failures or disclosures which violate federal or state law, We will follow all notification requirements to make you aware of what happened and do our best to make it right.
Changes to the Policy
Donor Bill of Rights
Start Early subscribes to the Donor Bill of Rights as created by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Associations for Healthcare Philanthropy, the Council for Advancement and Support of Education, and the Giving Institute. A copy of the Donor Bill of Rights may be obtained by contacting Start Early at Info@StartEarly.org.
To opt out of receiving communications from Start Early, to review the personal information that Start Early has collected about you or to ask any other questions regarding this Policy, please contact Start Early at the below address or submit your request to Info@StartEarly.org.
Attn: Marketing Department
33 W. Monroe Street
Chicago, IL 60603