Start Early (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.StartEarly.org or use our Portal at EHSN.StartEarly.org or use our Community Hub at Community.StartEarly.org (collectively, our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”). This information is collected directly from you when you provide it to us, including but not limited to, registrations for any product, service, or event on our Website; donations to Start Early made through the Website; subscriptions or purchases to receive one of our products or services; registrations to receive email subscriptions and/or e-newsletters and submission of a contact request.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details. This information is collected automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, such as your name, email address and postal address:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- For our internal business purposes, Website analysis or administration, communications with users, order payment and fulfillment, order delivery.
- We specifically may use your email address to communicate with you about events, fundraising opportunities and other messages on other third-party platforms (like Facebook). If you do not wish for your information to be used in this way, you may contact us at Info@StartEarly.org to opt out.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To compile a subscription list to which you voluntarily submit your name, mailing address, and/or email address. You will have the ability to opt out of further communications.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Start Early. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any linked website that you visit.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Start Early’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Start Early about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Start Early, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt out of receiving communications from Start Early. To opt out, you may contact us at Info@StartEarly.org.
We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information collected from and about You to help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to ensure the proper use of information. More specifically, We secure personally identifiable information provided on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, utilize established firewalls, and employ internal policies aimed at protecting information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. When working with third parties We enter into appropriate non-disclosure or data security agreements, and our website uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Although we have implemented reasonable and appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures, our security measures may not prevent all losses. In the event of security failures or disclosures which violate federal or state law, We will follow all notification requirements to make you aware of what happened and do our best to make it right.
33 W. Monroe Street
Chicago, IL 60603